Push-ups: equipment not required
Published: January 15, 2016
Incorporating strength training exercises into your physical activity schedule may not be as challenging as you think. There are many strength training exercises which do not require equipment and can therefore be performed at home, in a hotel room, out of doors, or in the office.
- Kneel on the floor and place your hands on the floor so that you are in an “all fours” position.
- Make sure that your back is straight and flat, and that your head is aligned with your spine (avoid looking down at the floor between your hands)
- Your hands should be placed on the floor either directly under your shoulders or slightly wider than your shoulders with your fingers pointing straight ahead.
- Your knees should be positioned aligned with your hips, and hip width apart.
- Brace your abdominal muscles by drawing your navel upwards towards your spine
- Bend your elbows...link to the full article to learn more.