Oral health, nutrition, and health
Published: April 22, 2022
Your teeth are of significant importance to your health.
- Dentin: calcified tissue consisting of hydroxylaptite, a mineral, organic material, and water. Its yellow hue influences the colour of your teeth, is sensitive, and forms throughout life.
- Pulp: is composed of connective tissues and odontoblasts (cells), and is also referred to as endodentium
- Cementum: calcified tissue which forms part of the periodontum and covers the tooth root
- Enamel: is composed of minerals, water, and organic material, is the hardest tissue in your body, and covers the crown of a tooth over dentin
Central to tooth formation is a mineralized protein (collagen) matrix dentin which surrounds the pulp. Cementum and enamel form the outer covering of the crown and root of the tooth.
- Dental caries...click here to learn more about dental health